- To take your company to the next level with my expertise and passion in online marketing.
- As a freelancer and previous Head of Digital Marketing, I present holistic strategies in the field of SEM, including but not limited to Web Design, SEO, PPC, CRO, Email Marketing, Data Analysis and Lead Generation services. This all depends on the budget and KPIs of the client.
- Mastering several disciplines, I would like to work with a business that could also broaden its perception of success in online marketing. Ideas and creative thoughts in this industry can certainly deliver tangible benefits in the way of saving time, saving money and/or making more money.
EMPLOYMENT WORK EXPERIENCE
MYJAR Ltd June 2016 – Current (SEO Manager)
Making my debut in the finance industry, I was introduced to MYJAR as an SEO Technical Manager and have provided technical advice and guidance to the wider IT team leading to improvements in website build and optimisation. My role within MYJAR has since evolved to take ownership of the full SEO strategy. In a field that’s heavily influenced by user experience, I have been collaborating with specialists and developers alike to ensure we have a high converting website that vests on a solid technical foundation. Key accomplishments include:
- New users to MYJAR.com from search increased by 46.5% over a four month period (21st September 2015-31 Dec 2015 vs equivalent period in 2016)
- Mitigated any risk of a link penalty by carefully regulating our linking profile.
- Rank #3 for ‘payday loans’ was momentarily accomplished in Jan ’17.
- Onsite SEO within Angular.js. This is the framework that was used to deploy the new MYJAR website at the start of Feb’ 17.
- Contributions in other areas including the development of a new website skin, creation of a new investor deck slide and formatting of existing management account data.
i3MEDIA Ltd Aug 2014 – Feb 2016 (Head of Digital Marketing)
I was introduced to i3MEDIA as a digital marketing consultant, and after demonstrating my competence in SEO & PPC, I was promoted to Search Manager. It was during this time that the agency adopted my strategy. It saw over 30 clients see great progress with their digital marketing, with several stagnated and penalised SEO campaigns making full recoveries. A final subsequent promotion to the Head of Digital Marketing was received after the agency found value in my skillet. As a summary, my accomplishments include but are not limited to:
- Exposure to an assortment of industries. This includes:
- Charity Sector: With two Muslim charities seeing phenomenal organic YoY growth during Ramadan (with over a combined £1.4 million in organic donations more since previous year).
- Retail Sector: One particular client saw YoY organic traffic increase by 2,845 visitors to 15,277, a grand 437% increase. They turned over in £114,000 in Feb ‘16, with 60% of revenue from organic traffic.
- Industrial Sector: One case study reveals a campaign that started with no organic presence, and after 6 months, materialised onto page one for keywords including ‘chemical etching’ and ‘acid etching’. In the last quarter, YoY organic traffic increased by 192% (793 visitors during Feb ’16).
- Reducing link building expenditure by £16,200 over a course of twelve months, with a fundamental change in strategy.
- Setup & management of small & large PPC Campaigns, with budgets ranging from £500-£10,000 PCM.
- Setting up bespoke Analytic dashboards that give a much greater insight into a campaign’s performance without so much scrutiny involved.
- Training & Managing a team of 5 and acting as a point of contact between Marketing and Dev teams.
- Meeting with clients personally; building rapport and understanding their goals.
- Custom alerts emailed directly through Analytics, providing updates about a campaign’s performance.
- Utilising my skills in Graphic Design to completely rebrand the Agency’s Proposal’ Template, preparing key documents for clients and mock-ups used for CRO purposes.
- Tailoring proposals for prospective clients and forecasting projections.
Not a single client has opted out based on technical performance during the time my strategy has been deployed.
FREELANCE WORK EXPERIENCE
Kemya Enterprise – https://www.kemya.com – March 2017 (Web Design)
With a recognised presence in the Middle East, Kemya Enterprises continues to have a leading role in industry sectors, including Hydro Power & Water, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Automotive, Steel and Marine & Offshore.
Our role was to transform their existing website into a platform that really takes the user experience into account. Since launching their new website in April 2017, conversion rates have improved by a staggering 155%.
Best Van & Man Ltd – https://bestvanandman.co.uk – March 2017 (Web Design, SEO, PPC)
Best Van & Man approached WiWy seeking a solution to the SEO penalty that their site was issued. Undertaking their campaign during March 2016, their penalty was lifted in under 45 days.
Up until the start of July 2017, their visibility now is the best it’s been for over 5 years, with keywords as lucrative as ‘moving flat London’ and ‘man with a van London’ boasting high ranks on page one of Google.
Just Personalise – https://justpersonalise.com – March 2017 (SEO)
Just Personalise specialises in tailored phone and tablet cases and made their debut to the industry towards the fall of 2016.
They initially had no exposure on any search engine when we executed our strategy, though after 6 months of aggressive SEO, they can now boast about having one of the strongest online presence, ranking for over 800 keywords, including #3 for ‘personalised tablet cases’.
Haas Portman – https://haasportman.com – February 2016 (Web Design)
- John Portman is a neo-futuristic architect with some of the most iconic skyscrapers designed under his name. The Portman family required a website for their venture capitalist firm, HaasPortman.com. Working closely with the co-founder and angel investor, Grant Haas, their website and corporate branding was designed to the highest specification.
British Institute of Lasers – https://britishlasers.com – Nov 2015 – Present (Web Design, SEO & PPC)
- British Institute of Lasers (BIL) is a recent project which I have undertaken for my father, Dr Majid Zarandouz. The project is yet to see an ROI through SEO, however a well thought out PPC campaign has seen over 30 conversions since the start of November.
We Heart Nails – https://weheartnails.com – August 2015 – Present (Web Design, SEO)
- Affiliate marketing has always appealed to me as it offers webmasters the opportunity to monetise without the complications of managing your stock inventory. We Heart Nails’ is a project that sells manicure tables and pedicure chairs via Amazon affiliates. The site maintains exceptional ranks on Google US.
Clean That Carpet – http://cleanthatcarpet.co.uk – December 2013 – Present (Web Design, SEO & PPC)
- London is the Metropolis of the world, and the demand for carpet cleaners is high. In a sought after industry, Clean That Carpet was born, and the site averages just under 3,000 unique organic visitors a month, with competitive keywords including ‘carpet cleaning in London’ ranked within the top 3.
Zarax – http://www.zarax.co.uk – May 2013 – Present (Web Design & SEO)
- Competing with the likes of Music Magpie, CEX & Cash Converters, Zarax has continued to generate a minimum of 4,000 unique visitors every month through its organic exposure for the past two and a half years, with over 200 related gadget key phrases on page one.
- All the leads generated through the site are sold to a national gadget company.
WiWY – https://wiwy.com – Jan 2009 – Present (Web Design)
- WiWy is my portfolio website which showcases the case studies highlighted in this CV (plus more).
- Training & Management of large teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Assigning roles and tasks based on priority and carrying out risk assessment.
- Using Project Management tools to keep track of people and progress.
- Recruiting sub-contractors and making sure the quality standards met.
Customer Relation Management (CRM)
- Provides regular analytical reports detailing audience, engagement, KPIs, customer experience, and future strategies.
- Integrates CRM in social media to build on customer relationships.
- Remains proactive in determining and analysing future web measurement tools and algorithms; changes methodology to account for the evolution of the web.
- Understands importance and execution of CRM in B2B and B2C.
- Extremely competent in WordPress (inc WooCommerce), Joomla & Prestashop.
- Familiar with an array of other CMS’ and able to adapt quickly to new ones.
- Experience in setting up Linux servers with CPanel, installing SSL certificates, setting up CDNs.
- Degree in Illustration and Graphic design which is fundamental to good UX & CRO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Preliminary: Keyword Research, Competitor Research
- On-Page: Canonicals, headers, titles, content thresholds, LSI keyword distribution, alt attributes, sitemaps, robots, redirects (through .htaccess or meta redirects), mobile friendliness, CRO, anchor text deviation, …
- Off-Page: Utilises several different strategies for link acquisition purposes, regulates a healthy linking profile by disavowing undesirable links.
PPC (Pay per Click)
- Competent with AdWords’ and Bing Ads.
- Keyword Research and Quality Score Optimisation / CRO.
- Diligent in creating search, display and shopping campaigns.
- Creation of HTML5 Ads for Display Network.
- Negative Keywords, bid modifiers, device type modifiers, ad-scheduling, rich snippets…
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Avidly studies psychology, a field which has always remained synonymous with marketing.
- Maintains 130WPM (amongst the top 150 fastest typists in the world according to TypeRacer.com).
Education / Certificates
- Graphic Design & Illustration, Coventry University – 2008 – 2011
- Google AdWords’ Certified – February, 2016
- Google Analytics Certified – February, 2016