- As a previous Head of Digital Marketing and a freelancer with over 15 years of experience, I present holistic strategies in the beautiful and diverse spectrum of online marketing, including but not limited to Web Design, SEO, Display Advertising & PPC, CRO, Email Marketing, Data Analysis and Lead Generation services.
- The strategy I tailor for my clients is contingent on their budget, KPIs and business aspirations
EMPLOYMENT WORK EXPERIENCE
Hotcourses Group September 2017 – April 2018 (Head of SEO & Paid)
Hotcourses runs one of the world’s largest network of websites for students looking to study both in the domestic and international markets. I was introduced to the company as their Head of SEO and was further promoted in the first month to take ownership of their Paid channels. This had proven to be very valuable as any data that was audited in the interests of SEO was also further used to tailor the company’s paid search strategy.
My main responsibilities for the Hotcourses Group have included:
- Managing and leading the SEO strategy across the Hotcourses Group network of websites, which reaches over 30 million users every year
- Restructuring the Hotcourses Abroad PPC campaign, which led to reducing CPA by over 42% in two months
- Making improvements across a series of clients campaigns who have opted for the company’s Insight-Led Retargeting & Prospecting
- Working closely with the Commercial Director in offsite proposals to pitch to prospective clients
- Analytic Reports detailing what type of audiences convert and suggesting improvements to user experience based on data scrutiny
- Redesigning and making structural changes the Hotcourses Group umbrella website
- Training & Management of small and large teams in the best digital marketing practices
MYJAR Ltd June 2016 – July 2017 (SEO Manager)
Making my debut in the finance industry, I was introduced to MYJAR as an SEO Technical Manager and provided technical advice and guidance to the wider IT team, leading to improvements in website build and optimisation. My role within MYJAR evolved to take full ownership of their SEO channel.
Key accomplishments include:
- New users to MYJAR.com from search increased by 46.5% over a four-month period (21st September 2015-31 Dec 2015 vs equivalent period in 2016)
- Mitigated any risk of a link penalty by carefully regulating the company’s linking profile
- Rank #3 for ‘payday loans’ accomplished in Jan ’17
- Onsite SEO within Angular.js. This is the framework that was used to deploy the new MYJAR website at the start of Feb’ 17.
- Contributions in other areas including the development of a new website skin, creation of a new investor deck slide and formatting of existing management account data
i3MEDIA Ltd Aug 2014 – Feb 2016 (Head of Digital Marketing)
I was introduced to i3MEDIA as a digital marketing consultant, and after demonstrating my competence in a wider field of digital marketing, I was promoted to Search Manager. It was during this time that the agency adopted my strategy. It saw over 30 clients see great progress with their digital marketing, with several stagnated and penalised SEO campaigns making full recoveries. A final promotion to the Head of Digital Marketing was received after the agency found value in my skill set.
As a summary, my accomplishments include but are not limited to:
- Exposure to an assortment of industries, including:
- Charity Sector: Two Muslim charities saw phenomenal organic YoY growth during Ramadan (more than a combined £1.4 million more in organic donations since previous year)
- Retail Sector: One particular client saw YoY organic traffic increase by 2,845 visitors to 15,277, a grand 437% increase. They turned over in £114,000 in Feb ‘16, with 60% of revenue from organic traffic
- Industrial Sector: One campaign started with no organic presence, but within six months materialised onto page one for keywords including ‘chemical etching’ and ‘acid etching’. In the last quarter, YoY organic traffic increased by 192% (793 visitors during Feb ’16)
- Reducing link building expenditure by £16,200 over a course of twelve months, with a fundamental change in strategy.
- Setup & management of small & large PPC Campaigns, with budgets ranging from £500-£10,000 PCM.
- Setting up bespoke Analytic dashboards for clients around their goals, giving greater insight into their campaign’s performance and enabling the Account Manager to pull reports very easily.
- Training & managing a team of 5 and acting as a point of contact between Marketing and Dev teams.
- Meeting with clients personally to build rapport, understand their goals and manage their expectations.
- Custom alerts emailed directly through Analytics, providing updates about a campaign’s performance
- Utilising my skills in Graphic Design and digital marketing to completely rebrand the Agency’s commercial offering to clients
- Tailoring proposals for prospective clients and forecasting projections
Not a single client has opted out based on technical performance during the time my strategy has been deployed.
FREELANCE WORK EXPERIENCE
Work undertaken through WiWy.com (the business I operate as a sole trader)
*Featured* The Gadget Nerds – https://thegadgetnerds.com – Personal Project – SEO, Paid, CRO, Social (March 2018 – Present)
- The Gadget Nerds features comprehensive reviews and price comparison guides for tech products.
- Influx of traffic through social channels (Pinterest, Instagram & Tumblr) and traffic leaking on sites such as Quora
- Ranking on page one for Google US for keywords such as ‘best solar watches’ or ‘best smart backpacks’ after 90 days of SEO.
- Over 100 users daily from social and referral channels within 30 days of launch
- Generates close to 1000 users daily through paid channels and an additional 300 through organic, shipping a combined total revenue of $55,337 (March 2020)
*Featured* We Heart Nails – https://weheartnails.com – Personal Project – Web Design, SEO, Social (August 2015 – Present)
- We Heart Nails features comprehensive reviews and price comparison guides for nail tech products.
- Exceptional ranks on Google US, with exposure for over 30,000 keywords and generating in excess of 1,200 users daily from organic channels. (June 2020)
- Ranking #1 for keywords including ‘best nail glue’ and ‘best acrylic nails’
- Additional revenue streams through social channels (Pinterest & Tumblr).
- Improved CTR to Amazon by 22% over a 12 month period (2018 vs 2017) through ongoing conversion rate optimisation.
Just Personalise – https://justpersonalise.com – Marketing Director (March 2017 – May 2020)
- Just Personalise specialises in personalised phone and tablet cases and made their debut to the industry towards the fall of 2016.
- Performed SEO with emphasis on content marketing and conversion rate optimisation
- After 12 months (March 2018), they rank for over 3000 keywords, including #2 for ‘personalised tablet cases’ and #2 for personalised phone cases’
- Year on year traffic and revenue increased by 211% and 253% for organic channels (with a residual impact on direct traffic which increased by 144%)
British Institute of Lasers – https://britishlasers.com – Online Marketing Manager – Web Design, SEO, CRO, PPC (November 2015 – Present)
- Designed company website and performed SEO since November 2015
- #1 for ‘ipl machines for sale’, #2 for ‘tattoo removal machines’, and #4 for ‘laser lipo machine’
- PPC campaign generated a new line of profit for the company
- CPAs reduced by 52% over a 12 month period (2017 vs 2016)
- Improved Average Session Duration by 24.2% and e-commerce conversion rates by 4.2% over a 12 month period (2017 vs 2016)
Clean That Carpet – http://cleanthatcarpet.co.uk – Personal Project – Web Design, SEO, CRO, PPC (December 2013 – Present)
- Designed website and performed SEO
- Maintains page one rankings for carpet cleaning in London keywords for over four years
- Leads generated from Clean That Carpet are sold to a local cleaning agency, who have since adopted the brand following its long-term success.
Zarax – http://www.zarax.co.uk – Web Design, SEO (May 2013 – Present)
- Minimum of 4,000 unique visitors every month through its organic exposure, maintained for the past three and a half years
- Over 400 related gadget key phrases on page one
- Leads generated from Zarax are sold to a national gadget company
- Training & managing large teams
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others
- Assigns roles and tasks based on priority and carries out risk assessment
- Uses Project Management tools to manage people and progress
- Recruits sub-contractors and ensures quality standards met
CRO & UX
- Using Analytics to make data informed decisions to improve conversion rates and user retention.
- Vast knowledge in best industry practices, coupled with a degree in Graphic Design & Illustration
- Understand how to run A/B tests on tools including Optimizely, Google Optimize and Unbounce, and also A/B testing in the remit of SEO & Paid Search
Customer Relation Management (CRM)
- Provides regular analytical reports detailing audience, engagement, KPIs, customer experience, and future strategies
- Integrates CRM in social media to build on customer relationships
- Remains proactive in determining and analysing future web measurement tools and algorithms; changes methodology to account for the evolution of the web
- Understands importance and execution of CRM in B2B and B2C
- Extremely competent in WordPress (inc WooCommerce), Joomla & Prestashop
- Familiar with an array of other CMS and able to adapt quickly to new ones
- Experienced in setting up Linux servers with CPanel, installing SSL certificates, setting up CDNs
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Preliminary: Keyword Research, Competitor Research
- On-Page: Canonicals, headers, titles, content thresholds, LSI keyword distribution, alt attributes, sitemaps, robots, redirects (through .htaccess or meta redirects), mobile-friendliness, CRO, anchor text deviation
- Off-Page: Utilises several different strategies for link acquisition purposes; regulates a healthy linking profile by disavowing undesirable links
PPC (Pay per Click) & Display Advertising
- Sets up retargeting and prospecting campaigns through a range of platforms including Adroll and Google DBM. Includes implementing retargeting and conversion pixels through Google Tag Manager or via FTP.
- Creates and manages PMPs across mobile video and rich media
- Creates of HTML5 Ads
- Competent with AdWords and Bing Ads.
- Keyword Research and Quality Score Optimisation / CRO
- Negative Keywords, bid modifiers, device type modifiers, ad-scheduling, rich snippets
- Manages and executes display, search, and shopping campaigns
- Excellent command of the English language
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Avidly studies psychology and its applications in marketing
- Maintains 130WPM
Education / Certificates
- Graphic Design & Illustration — Coventry University, 2008 – 2011
- Google AdWords Certified – February 2016
- Google Analytics Certified – February 2016